Originally Posted by kcarfanatic
I don't complain about Mark's antics, no other make of car has a show dedicated to it.

Exactly, which is why I watched all along (and honestly will continue to do so). I just have no interest in seeing the build of any other brand, truck, Camaro, Chevelle etc. I may watch a coupe episodes of some random show for a cool mustang but unfortunately I take the whole Mopar or No Car thing too far lol.

Don't get wrong, I love all muscle cars, but I don't have enough interest in others platforms to watch shows dedicated to their restoations. I cherry pick various episodes on different shows which feature Mopars but that's really about it.

Anywho, I love that we have a show like this, I just wish there was more tech stuff to it.

Maybe its a case of having exhausted everything there is to elaborate on with respect to 64-71 Mopars and simply trying to find other ways to engage the audience (and if that is working for him then that is great). I noticed this in their random trivial questions during commercial breaks. It used to pertain to Mopar history and tech but now deals with older cars that were featured on their older shows. But after 14 seasons, I understand them wanting to introduce new types of material.

And maybe I am being too picky here, but even this new format seems a little forced. Before, a build spanned over an entire season with various deeper tidbits into the restoration process. Now, entire restorations seem to be crammed into one episode (which could work sans all the jokes) as though they are satisfying a customer's expectations of having significant airtime. Something that was pitched to me when I approached Mark about restoring one of my cars.

Again, not hating on the show or coming across as too critical (I hope) - I love what this show has done for us. I'm just hoping the show could ease off on the theatrics. It really has a ton of potential and I'd still ask him to restore a car of mine over anyone else.

Regarding the stuff posted on youtube, I watch it religiously as I do favor the older shows smile

Last edited by Myrtle; 08/29/21 01:15 PM.