Originally Posted by jughed

I appreciate your input. I understand the parts shortage. My girlfriend's son was manager of a local O'Reilly's... He said it was hell trying to find parts. I'm really happy for him that he recently landed a sheet metal workers apprenticeship gig in a nearby town, but I sure miss those store manager prices. LOL

Luckily the drums are in very nice condition, and even the brake shoes are still like new. But I'm not trusting the cylinders since the rubber boots have shrunk and are in poor shape.
I just power washed the drums and the backing plates, and repainted them.

Is the number on the cylinder what I need to use for cross-referencing or ordering?

If you feel handy, rebuilding wheel cylinders is perhaps the easiest rebuild-able part on a brake system. When you order wheel cylinders (or rebuild kits) I'd suggest going thru RockAuto's website and drill down by the car you have and you should see the different parts based on brake shoe sizes. If you try the big box store route, I'd start at Napa personally or an old school independent shop if you have one.

The Federal Government has not yet learned that you cannot legislate morality 1970 Coronet R/T FF4/FF8/V85/V1G 440/Auto/3.23 1970 Coronet R/T FK5/FK5/V8W/V1W 440/Auto/3.55 1970 Super Bee TX9/TX9/V8W/N96 383/Auto/3.91 1975 Duster 360 VS29L5 Daily Driver