Charlie, i thought you had a trans-go shift kit, but i thought it was the TF-2od one. you probably told me at one time you used a TF-3od, but everyone here knows my cobwebs "hide" lots of stuff i "know". biggrin
Dave, i have a junk slapstick here i have been soaking with all kinds of stuff in an attempt to loosen it up from it's rusted solid state. my reason for dinking around with this shifter instead of obtaining a good or better one, is because i want to see if i can fab up the parts necessary to convert my factory shifter in my charger to a slapstick setup. i have a gate plate, maybe a duncan piece, i'm not sure, but i like the way a slapstick works better. i'm keeping my charger a 727 for the [long] foreseeable future.
as for the 518, and the TF-3od kit, my plan for this is for my 33 humpback panel [eternal] project. i want to hook this transmission to a pushbutton shifter. i figure if imperial services can figure this out, so can i. i have several good pushbutton assemblies on the shelf, plus a few junkers i can "practice" on to get the movement right to work with the 518. i also have a bunch of shift leavers for the transmission, plus a bunch of "leftover" levers that i have picked up over the years when my buddies would buy shifters for their ferds and chubbys, and then toss the leftover parts my way.
that's my plan[s], so anything tossed my way i will appreciate ! up
beer