Originally Posted by SRT6776
Originally Posted by larrymopar360
It seems to me from all the reading that there are an inordinate amount of failures in cars and trucks that don't see excessive idling (non fleet vehicles) and are not treated to low grade oils. Every single Mopar forum you can look on has multiple threads on camshaft/lifter failure discussions so there's seems to be something to it other than setting idle to low, cheap oil and excessive idling. I ask because some of these after market engine blocks could be solutions and I'm interested.

BS - they've been selling these engines by the hundreds of thousands for close to 15 years, do not let 30~ loud mouth complaints (90% by people looking for free replacements) sway your view

I do reputation management - everyone scrolls to the bad reviews and ignores the thousands of good ones, dont fall into that trap. There's guys on here with 250K looking to rebuild and make more power, ask them about reliability
I do take the complainers with a grain of salt because Mopars are the red headed step child in the industry. I think the Gen3 is a wonderful engine and have owned several so please don't get me wrong. I want to take one way into the future as in for the rest of my life. I'm in law enforcement and there does seem to be a bit of higher failures than other engines (although Fords have a ton of issues themselves!!!) from the idling I suppose but if I develop an issue on my '10 Charger I want to be ready and informed to do an upgrade up

Facts are stubborn things.