Originally Posted by JERICOGTX
Originally Posted by 340Cuda
Originally Posted by JERICOGTX
It has never been full yet, and doubt it ever will be.
I have always figured that some year 500 cars are going to show up and 100 will be going home. This could be the year.

However like Jeff says it has not happened yet.

I don't remember where I stole this but it kind of explains all the no shows.

Remember the cry to get DW on the East Coast? "If they would just bring it to the East Coast, it will no doubt fill up". Didn't happen. In fact it went down that year. Most people don't realize the cost to make it through one week, without breaking. It drives most away. Add in you now have different Drag and Drive events to choose from. Some have done DW so many times, they want to see new tracks, states, and people. Sometimes life gets in the way, whether good, or bad. Drag Week is a big commitment. Doubt it will fill up, and have people turned away ever.

I wonder if the weather forecast had anything to do with that? That was Hurricane Florence...I had to get back to work after meeting yall at Darlington that day b/c we were preparing for the storm.
I know you have to register early, but I wonder if some folks saw the forecast and decided not to go? Otherwise, I'd have expected the east coat event to be big.

CHIP
'70 hemicuda, 575" Hemi, 727, Dana 60
'69 road runner, 440-6, 18 spline 4 speed, Dana 60
'71 Demon, 340, low gear 904, 8.75
'73 Chrysler New Yorker, 440, 727, 8.75
'90 Chevy 454SS Silverado, 476" BBC, TH400, 14 bolt
'06 GMC 2500HD LBZ Duramax