Originally Posted by jwb123
I think you maybe falling into it is all in the engine trap. If you are wanting to go from high 11's to low 10's think about what else needs changed on the car to use the extra 150HP or so you will need to make. Both in terms of reliability and consistency
I have a friendly competition with several friends over the years, I have seen their engines on the dyno, and all make more power than me, but they have yet to out run me in a heads up race.
You mentioned you had a slow 60foot, don't waste money on engine mods until you fix the 60 foot. More power just may make them worse not that much better. The biggest component in my experience when wanting to jump a few tenths, is the converter. I have thrashed and tuned my engine, knowing I was making it run better, the mph improved, but the ET and 60 foot did not, converter fixed it all. I built a fresh engine and messed with it for a whole season, a new converter picked it up 4 tenths. Adjustable shocks on all corners is another thing that not only get you performance, it also makes the car drive so much better when tuned correctly. A drag car is a package, look up the old direct connection recommendations for performance levels, they listed lots of chassis improvements, as well as engine improvements.

I get it, the car has a Strange S60 with the 4:30's/spool. strange single adjustables and caltracs. I figure with another 175hp, the 4000 stall 9.5 converter may be closer to 5k, but it could definitely use a looser converter right now. This engine upgrade would for sure entail a few trans upgrades as well.

11.48 @ 120 with a 1.80 60' 318, stock 1.88 heads, stock 904, Pump Gas, 13 lbs of boost.

9.94 @ 134, 318 on pump gas, 14 lbs w/ Eddies, transbrake 727, 3600 lbs, 3.54 gear and 28's.