Years ago I had a somewhat similar issue, wife was driving down the alley to park in our garage, guy pulls out from along side a fence perpendicular to the alley and located so that he could not see oncoming traffic and ht the side of my wife's car.

We immediately called our insurance, after exchanging ifo and getting home. Was told to file with his insurance to simplify the deductible recovery. SO we hung up and called his insurance. They took all our information and we waited.

Several weeks later after being told they were not going to cover our car because he claimed we hit him, no one came out to even look at the cars and him dodging their calls, I got mad. Told his insurance that I was going to get an attorney, I had talked to my insurance about this and they offered to sue on my behalf. As they told me "it's part of what you pay us for". Next day his insurance, after mine had a talk with them, called up and claimed they had gotten in touch with him again and the story they got this time was not consistent so they'd pay up.

Might need an attorney since you are both State Farm.