Originally Posted by ShawnS
I’m sold on the dual quad set up I’ve always loved the look but you’re killing me with the cam and dashing all my hopes and dreams of having a cam that scares people 😂. Thank you for all the help.

You can put a big cam in there if you want but it will kill power down low and it won't make more power up top since your exhaust system will kill the top end power anyway. Been there and done that a few times.

The 505 in the picture with the CH-28 manifold made 610 hp with Edelbrock heads. It used a 242/248 @ 050 hyd roller (Comp 292 grind). With TF heads it would make more power, maybe 620 or 625. Peak power would be around 5900 or 6000 rpm so no need to twist it much harder than that.

Talk to your engine builder about a hyd flat tappet or hyd roller cam. If peak power is going to be at 6000 rpm then you don't really need a solid flat tappet cam since a hyd cam should work just fine up past 6000 rpm.

You might think you need a big cam and a big carb to make 600 hp but that isn't the case with TF heads. It might have been true with 906 heads but not with the TF heads. Just follow the advice and you'll have a really nice 600/600 engine that runs smooth and makes wall to wall torque.