I currently have an engine builder that will be starting on a 440-512 stroker build for me. Was curious on experienced people’s thoughts as this is my first Mopar BB. The goal is 600hp or there about. I’ve read many different builds on here all with varying opinions and different levels achieved. The builder is still hashing out details as we don’t completely agree on a few things though I know he’s very well versed in Mopar race cars.

The build will use molnar 4.25 crank 7.1 molnar rods.
Diamond pistons.

One case of contention is the heads. I can currently get either trickflow 240 or 270 heads. He says get the 240s the 270 require and intake I can’t even find to buy right now plus he says it will not make for a good street capable engine.

Cam is undecided but he’s thinking a simple non roller solid cam not sure what good specs would be to achieve goals. I’d like the idle to be noticeable.

Second point of contention is what intake. I wouldn’t mind a victor or trickflow if using the 240s. He says performer rpm.

Last is carb. I’d like to have a Holley. He says they all leak and only uses them on race cars. He prefers an edelbrock carb.

Details for the goals and of the car are 66 satellite full car. Probably 3800 pounds. Daily driver about 25 miles each way. Gas mileage doesn’t matter to me. Car has air conditioning and I plan to keep it. It’s currently a 4 speed 18 spline a-833 with a moser built 8 3/4 and 4 link and coil over rear suspension, mini tubs and 3.73 gears with 275/60-15 though I may go wider Mickey Thompson street slicks. Car may see a track once or twice a year beyond that the goal is 600hp and torque somewhere in the 11s at the track and the ability to fry tires at will at 25mph and drive it to work. Car has power brakes disc front drum rear. Ignition is msd 6al and pro billet distributor on the current 440 which already has a performer rpm intake. Also car has 1 7/8 tti headers electric dumps and full tti exhaust and x pipe and fuel cell and electric Holley pumps. And access to 91-93 octane isn’t an issue. I’m on the east coast in North Carolina at or just above sea level if that matters.

Thanks for any help. Sorry just trying to be as descriptive as possible of cars and goals.

Last edited by ShawnS; 07/24/21 01:57 PM.