Hey Jim. 60YO is really pushing it.
Usually by that time something has damaged it but may or may not have been identified.

If it is overflowing like the inspection said, the drain field is probably plugged up similar to what happened to the place I did most of my
growing up. Lakefront in Oakland County. Family moved into it in the early '70s and by the late '90s the drain field was plugged up
for whatever reason, most likely roots and/or vehicle damage, which then caused the tank to overflow (common problem).
The tank itself was still okay but the whole septic field was replaced.

Of course, the entire street-facing yard had to be destroyed to replace it and it cost my parents a pile of money.

I'm pretty happy to have municipal water and sewer at my place.

Much as I might miss the lakefront scenery like I grew up with, I don't miss the constant, difficult property maintenance, power going out
all the time because it's one of the oldest/first populated places in the area because of the lake/the grid is old garbage from around 1950...
plenty of trees to take out wires, wonderful iron content in the well water, water softener maintenance to get around the well water issue,
no water when the power goes out, and on and on. The property taxes are insane/whole other topic.

Haven't lived there in many years but it's still part of the family estate, and I am getting really tired of maintenance costs/time spent managing it.
The time suck is one of many reasons I haven't had much to say on Moparts anytime lately.......
Signed recently to replace the roof. 13 grand. Ugh. It's an appreciating money pit.

Good luck with your decision, sure is a nice looking place.

Rich H.

Esse Quam Videri