I was on my way home from a 700-mile road trip a couple days ago. I had the camper on and the trailer. When I was on my way home, about 200 some miles away, I noticed that the trans temp was running a little high. Usually with the fan on it runs 180 but it was at about 215. When I stopped for fuel I checked the trans fluid and it was two and a half quarts low so I filled it. About a hundred miles later I noticed the trans temp was high again so I stopped at a rest area and checked it and it needed another quart. So I put one in. It also was dripping out of the front of the transmission, I crawled under there and tightened up the pan bolts and checked for any leaks in hoses, but it looked like it was coming from higher up in the bellhousing area. I figured it must be the front seal. Then when I got about 13 mi from home I noticed that the temp was quite high probably over 225 and it was getting slippy where the RPM of the engine was high for the road speed. Especially in second gear. I was out of transmission fluid so I headed towards the nearest gas station to buy some transmission fluid. Before I could get there it started slipping so bad that it was barely drivable at 25 mph. I shifted into low range and into second, and flipped it into overdrive and could maintain about 20 mph, then it started slipping worse. I pulled over in a parking lot that was a mile and a half from a gas station and dumped 2 qt of motor oil into the transmission to try and get me to the gas station. When I got there, I bought three quarts and topped off the transmission. But still I couldn't get it over about 30 miles an hour. So I limped it the 5 mi or so to get home. I think it slips worst in second.