Hopefully someone can help. I've recently installed a Dr Diff 10.7" rear disc setup onto my "72 Challenger. Fronts are Cordoba 11.75" rotors and factory rebuilt new stock calipers; steel braided lines. The dash brake light stays on. I spoke with Dr Diff (Cass) and he told me the factory proportioning valve body needs to be gutted empty.. or else a replacement drum-drum proportioning valve needs to be installed (along with newly shaped lines to the master cylinder... I'm using an aluminum Mopar unit that was installed many years ago).

Basically, the rear discs are not working until I get the prop valve modified as above (gutted or replaced).

Does anyone know IF this particular factory cast iron prop valve body can be gutted? Its the later-style rounded design (possibly used late 72 through 73-74 on E-bodies). Dr Diff/Cass isn't sure if it can be modified/gutted. He can sell me a drum-drum new prop valve... along with the newly shaped brake lines... would take brief time for this to be done.

T/Anks ahead very much for any help.

PROPORTIONING VALVE (72 CHALLENGER).jpg

Mopar Mitch "Road racers and autocrossers go in deeper and come out harder!"... and rain never stops us from having fun with our cars... in fact, it makes us better drivers! Check out MOPAR ACTION MAGAZINE, August 2006 issue for feature article and specs on my autocross T/A!