When I put the car together 20 years ago I centered the tie rod ends (using the old one as reference) to have the same threads showing. When driving it there it drove straight but my steering wheel was at the 9 O'clock location. They adjusted the tie rods as far as they could but still couldn't get it fully straight. By doing so that's what is causing the tire hitting the rail. I talked to the local guy who rebuilds Mopar boxes asking if the input shaft could be clocked by a tooth to fix it. He told be no and this is why I was wondering if there was a special output shaft (being there is only 3 teeth on that shaft) for the TA box that has a different/ special alignment location because of the fast ratio. I've been wonder also if the guy 20 years ago who rebuilt it in the first case put the wrong output shaft in it?

When I bought this car I bought in a box. Bare metal roller all parts in boxes. When restoring it I found on just about every part he gave me where B-body parts. Looking at them they looked correct but at that time I was unfamiliar with the differences with the part numbers etc and the importance of them. I was scratching my head for 3 years being I only had the weekend to work on it because it was located 4 hours from me. Also being the first car I restored. This box is the last item that needs to be corrected. I will be at Carlisle and plan on trying to figure out and will have the access to get what parts I need.

I'll look into the C-body idler as well.