Originally Posted by INTMD8
I guess that's the reason I ask as far as what specific to Hemi as I've ran 200 seat 450 open and nearly 8k rpm on other hydraulic roller engines with 1.8 rockers and smaller diameter lifters.

With 1.8 rocker that would put 360/810 pound load to the lifter. With the same spring pressures on a hemi and say 1.52 ratio that would put 304/684 pound load to the lifter.

I could see the hemi not getting there due to mass of rockers but don't think pushrod weight should matter much. (at least I've not seen weight on the actuation side clip usable rpm range).

Either way, agreed that I don't like the idea due to pushrod angularity, just wondering if anyone has actually tried higher spring pressure and lighter valves/springs/retainers with hyd roller on a hemi or just didn't as they assumed the lifters couldn't take it.

A wedge with a hydro roller is a completely different animal, and no where near the same load on the valve train. Weight, compound angles, length, length of rocker ect. When you start going to ti valves, retainers, locks, spread lifters, and tons of oil management to make a hydro work, you're already where no one wants to go. Better to buy a high quality set of solids, a small mechanical, and rev to the moon whenever ya want.

I get the desire to run a hydro on the street, but beyond that, it seems like wasted energy to me.