I especially would like to thank a very good friend of ours for pointing us towards this car, as he sent the craigslist ad post to my stepdad. My stepdad sold his red 2005 HEMI Magnum R/T station wagon to actually buy this car. Here is the history of it......

Introducing "The Great Pumpkin", an original 318 powered FK3 Burnt Orange on FK3 Burnt Orange 22,000 mile survivor 1970 Fury III 4-door hardtop originally bought from Blackstone Valley Chrysler/Plymouth in Lincoln R.I. by Mr. Lavecchia. It is in my opinion a survivor in just about every meaning and sense of the word. The car was found by the 2nd owner stored away for 20 years in North Providence R.I. who bought it from the family of Mr. Lavecchia. The car is a late build car being built June 6th 1970, it is a “Built To Spec For” car and is also a “Lease Bid Sale” car. We found not one but 2 build sheets under the rear seat in the car, but unfortunately the car did not come with a window sticker. We do plan to have one made up for it though.

The previous 2nd owner who coincidentally has the same first name as my stepdad, said he purchased the car 3 years ago in about 2019 and only drove it on weekends. He said he was selling it, and will soon be selling a VW Beetle because he wants to buy a convertible.

The black powder coated rims are something the previous owner did, but they are the original rims. He said he coated the rims and was going to put the original hubcaps (which came with the car) back on over them, but after they came back from the coating shop he said they looked too nice to scratch up.

When he put the car for sale and my stepdad inquired about the car, he told my stepdad that he had a buyer on the line for it but the thing is that buyer told the owner his plans for the car which was to stick a 440 in it and technically make it a race car. That said my stepdad said I'll offer you more money than the potential buyer and I won't ruin the car I will keep it original, and that sealed the deal. My stepdad ended up buying the car on June 5th of this year.

Since my stepdad got the car he has since replaced the rear shocks to bring the rear end up a bit as it was sitting a bit low for him, and is currently putting on new whitewall tires with 15x6 rallye road wheels. Future plans include rebuilding or replacing the carburetor (but not sure yet because he hasn't said), repaint the engine to make it look nicer, replace the original single exhaust with dual exhaust, and maybe add electronic ignition also.

The goal is to hopefully have it on display in the survivor tent next year in Carlisle.

I will post more pictures of the car soon but here are a few from the original posting to keep you in suspense......

Fury 1.jpgFury 2.jpgFury 3.jpgFury 4.jpg

If You Ask Me This Whole World Has Gone To Hell- Creed Fisher
Proud Supporter Of LGBT (Liberty Guns Beer & Trump)