Originally Posted by IMGTX
Really cool. Thank you.

The DVD of the original gone in sixty seconds had an extra feature. It was the directors daughter doing a retrospective of the movie and the car. I wish I could find it but it had lots if interesting information like the movie was shot without blocking off streets so regular people were in the movie. In the scene where Eleanor the Mustang clipped a car on the interstate, spun out of control and hit a light pole, the car he clipped was just a regular person just driving along and that scene wasn't supposed to end like that.

This is that wreck. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dmDTWakC2-E

You can't do movies like that anymore. Those scenes were shot with high speed driving, not slow driving with the footage sped up like they do most of the time today.

Well, I'm not sure about all the details about that scene you presented, but Halicki did get fairly badly hurt in the crash (the crash was NOT planned). I think he got a few broken ribs out of the deal. Speaking of Gone in 60 Seconds, I had a chance to buy one of the cop cars from the movie - it was in a wrecking yard in Phoenix. It was an early 70's Fury with a 383 as I recall. That movie & the background of it are pretty sensational.

No Man With A Good Car Needs To Be Justified