Originally Posted by TJP
Originally Posted by MarkZ
Alright, spoke too soon I guess. That hole wasn't spewing gas because the injector wasn't firing. The first time I put it back together one of the pins didn't line up properly. The plug itself is just a couple of pins free floating - no molded plastic to keep them centered. After assembling it a second time it started spewing gas out the barrel that had the original problem. This is after swapping the injectors front to back. Has to be electrical, but I couldn't find anything glaringly wrong with it. Back to Holley it goes. Already have a return label. Thank you everyone for your help.

So I'm a bit confused ( not unusual LOL)
After assembling it a second time it started spewing gas out the barrel that had the original problem

Is that with another injector or the same one? I assuming a different Injector as you're now suspecting an electrical issue.

SNIPER earlier mentioned he believes they are fired off a ground signal. If so, just out of curiosity, I might try to disconnect the signal wire at the ECU to see if the injector shuts off. That would confirm 2 things. It is the ECU, and that you do not have a pinched wire or other erroneous problem. beer

Had the original problem of the rear passenger barrel blowing fuel all over the place. Swapped injectors front to back on Andy's suggestion and observed it wasn't doing that anymore. Upon further inspection though I noticed the passenger rear injector wasn't firing at all. Turned out I didn't plug it in correctly (pins float and aren't held in place in a molded plug). After I corrected that mistake the original problem came back with the passenger rear barrel blowing fuel again. This was with the injectors being swapped, so I can only conclude now it's an electrical fault since the issue didn't follow the injector.

1987 Fifth Avenue - 512/518/D60