Originally Posted by dthemi
Trick flow are the nicest finished in the box head I have ever seen. I see them for Ford at engine systems all the time, and a couple mopes here and there. Every set I've seen look like the next. Very high quality VJ, and guide work. Most box heads make me nervous enough to pull them apart to check. Not TF. I think summit owns them now so no lack of funding.

Just for reference, a friend just bought a set of INDY hemi heads complete. I'll post a pic of how bad the VJ was. Took sinking the valve .03!!! to fix them. Most were only contacting the seats about half way around. Like they did the guides after the VJ lol.

The valve only made contact where the sharpe mark is. I guess that's indy's variable compression option. Increase spring pressure till the valve seats

I sent this to my machinist. He has a failed Hemi build in the shop now with a set of Indy heads just like that.

He thought the previous hacker that built the engine had produced that kind of work. I told him they probably came out of the box like that. He's a firm believer in if it comes out of a box, it's fk'd up but would not believe you could buy something THAT messed up.

Kevin