from what I have read it was the fix for sloppy chains and the noise it makes on magnum V6 and would be installed on 5.2-5.9 engines by the dealers for same complaints.

LA engines are hard on the T-chains and I have seen some so sloppy they eat the drip tab off slapping around and you can hear the chain slap at idle often indicating a sloppy chain and erratic timing.

I notice they can be a PITA sometimes with a good double row chain/gears on install as the chain is tight/thicker/more prying and a stock magnum v6 chain/gears tight/thinner not as much prying to get it installed.

I have a low mileage stock chain/gears with some slop to them on my LA engine just adding the tensioner. the chain has enough slack it slides right in place snug and is tight when you pull the lock pin. rock steady and still in service on my daily driver.

I also drilled a pin hole in the lifter oil galley plug and tensioner plate that sprays a stream of oil on the chain/tensioner/fuel pump arm/eccentric along with using the crank oil slinger.

I vote yes but only with a stock chain/gears and no double row chains.