I have been running an 800 thunder AVS for 8 years? This is what I have have found. 410 CI 3445 lbs 4:10 gear auto. I found that mine likes the pump linkage in the hole the closest to the pivot, or the biggest shot possible. Next mine really didn’t like the stock jetting. In fact it likes CRAZY jetting. I run .416 jet in the front and .419 jet in the rear. I have actually run no rear jet at all. I found that until recently before some intake work it like to be rich up front and lean in the secondaries. I ran 3 stages rich up front and 3 leaner in the back. So you would think, ok, bring them both back to stock and there you go, no way! I think it likes it because the fuel up front helps to cover the transition to the secondaries. The AFB has a small port that the butterfly swings by to help pull fuel to cover the transition. There is no provision for that in the AVS. Even if there was the door opens so fast it probably wouldn’t help. Some of the NSS with stick cars do remove the door, but they can launch at crazy rpm! I also drilled the shooter nozzle, but they now sell a kit with different nozzles. I needed to install the large needle and seats so it wouldn’t drain the bowls. I run a big mechanical and a holley red pump. First try a bigger pump shot. Then start moving fuel to the primaries. I have tested to determine when and how quickly it opens the air door. On mine it takes .3 of a second and starts to open 2500 rpm. Be careful on tightening the door spring. It is easy to break, I would not go more that 1 turn tighter than stock. Some of this will not translate to your car. I’m pretty far from this carbs comfort zone.

Last edited by FurryStump; 05/24/21 03:57 PM.

best of 11.24 at 119 mph 1.60 60’. 68 340 S Barracuda Fastback F.A.S.T [IMG]http://i67.tinypic.com/2mnnnnt.jpg[/IMG]