Don't know if I hit that 'sweet spot' of time vs availability, but today's experience was as good as the last two were bad.

In the 12 years I've had AAA, I've used the towing feature twice, with the first tow being the worse. In that instance, the driver supposedly kept getting redirected to other calls. Waited pretty much all day for the tow to arrive. Second tow driver was late again, just not as late (different companies).

Based on those two experiences, I planned my day around expecting a long wait for the tow.

I made the call at 10:00.

10:15 I received a call from the driver he was on his way. Honestly, I was thinking, "ok, here we go" expecting many delays.

10:35 driver is hooking up to my Dakota. Wait, what? shock

30 minutes later, we're over at my storage space. I asked him if he could put the truck inside, and he said "sure, no problem".

He did a better job parking it than if I had been driving it! blush

I gave the man a tip, and by 11:20 he was on his way to his next call. wave

Wow.

While there have been moments of a lot of fussing and cussing regarding my truck, in six years and almost 40K miles, this is the only time its been on 'the hook'. And this time only because I couldn't work on it in the apt. parking lot. Even though it broke, it made it home before fully quitting on me.

Now the fun begins...... hammer wrench

towed.jpg

John

The dream is dead, long live the dream.......😥