Originally Posted by John Brown
Originally Posted by Bad340fish
Originally Posted by Hemi_Joel
Originally Posted by John Brown
Wait till tomorrow.....

Next time one of those L88 Corvettes run, somebody needs to look in the hood scoop and see if the air cleaner is actually there. It's required by the rules.

From what little I saw on facebook Dave had almost 5MPH on the corvette that went 9.58. The 60ft from that corvette was amazing though.

Yep, the air filter on an L-88 ain't on top of the carb, it's in the hood. Throws a lot of people for a loop.

What throws me for a loop is when an L88 Corvette is awarded a record but yet no air cleaner was present on the carburetor or in the hood. I think the TriPower vet is a better choice for fast, simply because it has a bigger air cleaner element. Once you get the cars to this horsepower level, and you have to run through a stock appearing air cleaner, that's a big deal. Trying to make 800 horsepower through a tiny little air cleaner element is like running a marathon while breathing through a straw. Different cars have different advantages and disadvantages. That's the beauty of fast. There's no attempt by the rules makers to equalize the cars. A Corvette has some inherent advantages with weight distribution and aerodynamics, but the exhaust manifolds in the air cleaners aren't as good as a Hemi. It helps equalize things out and make them competitive without artificial interference like separating them into classes or handicaps.

[img]http://i.imgur.com/boeexFms.jpg[/img]
31 Plymouth Coupe, 392 Hemi, T56 magnum
RS23J71
RS27J77
RP23J71
RO23J71
WM21J8A
I don't regret the things I've done. I only regret the things I didn't do.
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something. ~ Plato"