That guy is a negative person. I rarely see anything nice, helpful or positive from him.
I have an ad blocker and see no ads but the Infolinks is clearly a money maker for the site owner. It reminds me of the places where people move because taxes and crime get too much and the leaders do nothing to stop it.
I've seen hollow excuses for the Infolinks pop up ads but never a clear "I'm sorry, I need the money" from anyone in authority.
If the site owner looks at this place as his retirement fund, it seems that there are better ways to go about it. Ads along the margin would be much more tolerable compared to ads that cover 3/4 of the page.
This Infolinks thing has been mentioned on every one of the 6 other forums that I have been on. Nobody ever says that they like or need them. Everyone that posts about it says the same as what you read here: It ruins the experience and people are choosing to limit or end their involvement with the forum.
One of the sites biggest assets, Scott Smith decided to duck out and not return. That is a sad thing, as he is a great source of knowledge.
Yes, Ad blockers do work but not on phones or tablets, right?
I only use a laptop but the trend to use phones and tablets seems to be increasing.
I like this site but I do understand the frustration. For me, the most annoying thing is getting stonewalled when asking a question or getting some lame response like Because I am the boss, that is why or That is how it is, take it or leave it.
Why couldn't it be like it was before? What changed to necessitate the ads?

Last edited by Frankenduster; 05/14/21 12:28 AM.