Moparts

Infolinks pop ups

Posted By: markrr

Infolinks pop ups - 05/09/21 11:32 AM

I continuously have Infolinks pop ups popping up on my screen when logged into Moparts. Can anyone tell me please how to stop these?
Thanks.
Posted By: moparmike1

Re: Infolinks pop ups - 05/09/21 11:34 AM

Ad Block Plus if you're using Chrome.

Mike.
Posted By: dvw

Re: Infolinks pop ups - 05/09/21 11:37 AM

On your lap top you can use an add blocker. On my phone I click on Infolinks scroll down to the bottom and chose opt out. It'll keep them off the phone about 1 week. then you have repeat the process. I HATE INFOLINKS. Would NEVER use it for anything. VERY annoying.
Doug
Posted By: 340Cuda

Re: Infolinks pop ups - 05/09/21 01:50 PM

I have a network ad blocker that blocks it 90% of the time.

When it does not the site is nearly unusable.

I hope Moparts is making a lot of money off of it because it has ruined the site.
Posted By: buildanother

Re: Infolinks pop ups - 05/09/21 03:50 PM

It HAS ruined the site, bigtime!
Posted By: 1972CudaV21

Re: Infolinks pop ups - 05/09/21 04:03 PM

Originally Posted by buildanother
It HAS ruined the site, bigtime!

It’s all about the money..
Posted By: 58pwrwgn

Re: Infolinks pop ups - 05/09/21 04:57 PM

I use Firefox on my phone for moparts. No adds
Posted By: larrymopar360

Re: Infolinks pop ups - 05/09/21 05:08 PM

Should we have a donation or membership option to finance the site and rid ourselves of these popups? Is this possible?

I would definitely participate!
Posted By: GomangoCuda

Re: Infolinks pop ups - 05/09/21 05:22 PM

I use AdBlock Plus on my laptop
And AdGuard on my phone.
No infolinks ever. I actually forgot about infolinks until this thread came up.
Of coarse there are many other apps that work similar but these are the ones I prefer.
Posted By: MarkZ

Re: Infolinks pop ups - 05/09/21 06:32 PM

Originally Posted by larrymopar360
Should we have a donation or membership option to finance the site and rid ourselves of these popups? Is this possible?

I would definitely participate!

I've proposed this in the past. Crickets...
Posted By: Stanton

Re: Infolinks pop ups - 05/09/21 06:39 PM

I continuously have Infolinks pop ups popping up on my screen when logged into Moparts. Can anyone tell me please how to stop these?
Thanks.

If you have some smarts you can install Ad Block like most of us have. But if you fall into the category "of privileged little whiner" and you don't want to make the effort you can go and join the rest of them over at For B-bodies Only.

Re: Infolinks pop ups - 05/09/21 07:51 PM

Originally Posted by Stanton
Thanks.

If you have some smarts you can install Ad Block like most of us have. But if you fall into the category "of privileged little whiner" and you don't want to make the effort you can go and join the rest of them over at For B-bodies Only.
Don't sugar coat it. laugh
Posted By: 451Mopar

Re: Infolinks pop ups - 05/10/21 12:25 AM

Originally Posted by GomangoCuda
I use AdBlock Plus on my laptop
And AdGuard on my phone.
No infolinks ever. I actually forgot about infolinks until this thread came up.
Of coarse there are many other apps that work similar but these are the ones I prefer.

Thank you! I added the AdBlock Plus, and paid the suggested donation. Now I can actually use this suite.
Posted By: Kern Dog

Re: Infolinks pop ups - 05/10/21 12:25 AM

Thanks.

If you ever posted something positive and helpful instead of what you DO post, it would be a huge improvement.
Posted By: Stanton

Re: Infolinks pop ups - 05/10/21 12:44 AM

If you ever posted something positive and helpful instead of what you DO post, it would be a huge improvement.

For B-bodies Only has a place for you too!

Re: Infolinks pop ups - 05/10/21 04:38 PM

Keep one thing in mind, some of us look here on breaks at work on work computers and are prohibited from installing anything or making any changes on work computers. I am one of those people and we are prohibited from doing anything like ad block or anything like that.So it doesn’t necessarily mean someone is lazy if they don’t install it. I can deal with it but I’d also gladly make a contribution to this site to help out because I’m very grateful for the wealth of knowledge. One thing for sure I’m not gonna get all angry about the pop-ups and I’m not gonna get angry if someone doesn’t install it.
Posted By: Hemi_Joel

Re: Infolinks pop ups - 05/10/21 07:09 PM

Infolinks? never heard of it! smile Guys, there is browser that you can download for free that totally eliminates all pop ups including infostinks, it eliminates most ads on youtube, and every page page loads much faster because it blocks all of the trackers. I have been using it on my PC and my android phone for a couple years with no issues. It is super easy to downlead and install, even for old guys like me, And it functions like Chrome or explorer, nothing new to learn. It is called Brave. Just get it! https://brave.com/
Posted By: John Brown

Re: Infolinks pop ups - 05/10/21 07:35 PM

Many people just wanna complain. If the problem was ever solved they'd just complain about something else.
Posted By: Pacnorthcuda

Re: Infolinks pop ups - 05/10/21 08:51 PM

Originally Posted by John Brown
Many people just wanna complain. If the problem was ever solved they'd just complain about something else.

So you are saying it’s a problem......
Posted By: John Brown

Re: Infolinks pop ups - 05/11/21 03:08 AM

I've never seen a pop up on here, so, it's no problem for me.
Posted By: benny70hemibird

Re: Infolinks pop ups - 05/13/21 08:53 PM

I don't come on here nearly as often as I did before and only stay just a minute or two. This site, to me, is ruined.
Posted By: Hemi_Joel

Re: Infolinks pop ups - 05/13/21 09:08 PM

Originally Posted by benny70hemibird
I don't come on here nearly as often as I did before and only stay just a minute or two. This site, to me, is ruined.

So you didn't read my post above? It's not ruined, it easy with Brave
Posted By: MarkZ

Re: Infolinks pop ups - 05/13/21 09:23 PM

Originally Posted by Hemi_Joel
Originally Posted by benny70hemibird

So you didn't read my post above? It's not ruined, it easy with Brave

Having to download a browser or plugin that blocks elements of a page to make it usable is the very definition of ruined.
Posted By: stumpy

Re: Infolinks pop ups - 05/13/21 10:08 PM

Welcome to the new world.

Re: Infolinks pop ups - 05/14/21 02:26 AM

Originally Posted by dvw
On your lap top you can use an add blocker. On my phone I click on Infolinks scroll down to the bottom and chose opt out. It'll keep them off the phone about 1 week. then you have repeat the process. I HATE INFOLINKS. Would NEVER use it for anything. VERY annoying.
Doug

Thank You. I selected the opt out and that has stopped the pop ups.

Re: Infolinks pop ups - 05/14/21 02:30 AM

Thanks.

I am a member on For B Bodies only. What's your point?
"Privileged little whiner". What's that? You don't know me.
Posted By: Kern Dog

Re: Infolinks pop ups - 05/14/21 04:25 AM

That guy is a negative person. I rarely see anything nice, helpful or positive from him.
I have an ad blocker and see no ads but the Infolinks is clearly a money maker for the site owner. It reminds me of the places where people move because taxes and crime get too much and the leaders do nothing to stop it.
I've seen hollow excuses for the Infolinks pop up ads but never a clear "I'm sorry, I need the money" from anyone in authority.
If the site owner looks at this place as his retirement fund, it seems that there are better ways to go about it. Ads along the margin would be much more tolerable compared to ads that cover 3/4 of the page.
This Infolinks thing has been mentioned on every one of the 6 other forums that I have been on. Nobody ever says that they like or need them. Everyone that posts about it says the same as what you read here: It ruins the experience and people are choosing to limit or end their involvement with the forum.
One of the sites biggest assets, Scott Smith decided to duck out and not return. That is a sad thing, as he is a great source of knowledge.
Yes, Ad blockers do work but not on phones or tablets, right?
I only use a laptop but the trend to use phones and tablets seems to be increasing.
I like this site but I do understand the frustration. For me, the most annoying thing is getting stonewalled when asking a question or getting some lame response like Because I am the boss, that is why or That is how it is, take it or leave it.
Why couldn't it be like it was before? What changed to necessitate the ads?

Re: Infolinks pop ups - 05/14/21 04:31 PM

Site got bigger and costs went up. Running a site like this isn't cheap.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Infolinks pop ups - 05/14/21 04:45 PM

Originally Posted by stumpy
Site got bigger and costs went up. Running a site like this isn't cheap.

Yes, but putting adds in like infolinks just continues to run people off and then soon the site will be toast. eek

Re: Infolinks pop ups - 05/14/21 07:57 PM

It hasn't yet and I doubt it will.
Posted By: moparmike1

Re: Infolinks pop ups - 05/14/21 09:18 PM

Originally Posted by Frankenduster
It ruins the experience and people are choosing to limit or end their involvement with the forum.
One of the sites biggest assets, Scott Smith decided to duck out and not return. That is a sad thing, as he is a great source of knowledge.

Several members, like Scott, that were great contributors have left.

The count of new threads being added has gone down.

Replies to threads have gone down.

Not_A_Charger's thread about buying a cruiser at a car show/corral has had 18 replies in approximately 34 hours. Way less than I would have expected.

Not positive signs...

Mike.

Re: Infolinks pop ups - 05/15/21 12:43 AM

Personally I think it will but mostly from the members dying off or going to face book. As a lot of members have said in the past, the younger crowd really aren't into boards like this with old cars.
That's ok, I will hang around while it lasts. up
Posted By: 1972CudaV21

Re: Infolinks pop ups - 05/15/21 12:57 AM

Originally Posted by Superfreak

Personally I think it will but mostly from the members dying off or going to face book. As a lot of members have said in the past, the younger crowd really aren't into boards like this with old cars.
That's ok, I will hang around while it lasts. up

What’s great about Facebook? I see a lot of Mopar groups over there. But, it’s driven by a social media-type of feed.
Posted By: dOrk !

Re: Infolinks pop ups - 05/15/21 01:01 AM

All these negative waves tsk

Thimk positive!

Attached picture 559D9E75-0F2E-4A24-B13E-4B4E52DE581A.png
Posted By: moparx

Re: Infolinks pop ups - 05/15/21 03:23 PM

did you get your GiFt cArD yet DoC ?
beer

Re: Infolinks pop ups - 05/15/21 04:01 PM

the kids today have no problem solving skills or interest in solving problems and oddly, even less interest in actually reading an article. If hey google doesn't fix it, they're stumped. Kinda why there's a daily question on FB boards about wind shield wiper bushings. Expecting them to actually do a google search here and read through the results is aiming a bit high I think. Especially w/ the pop ups which is where I started this rant: download an ad blocker and stop being a defenseless winer. Hey, maybe read through the last 200 posts on the topic.

This is my girls daily past time on social media. Goes trolling, finds a idiot, often the article they are citing is defending the position they're attacking because only read the headline, click bait, first paragraph. She gets a kick out of it, I find it aiming a bit low.
Posted By: dOrk !

Re: Infolinks pop ups - 05/15/21 10:20 PM

Originally Posted by moparx
did you get your GiFt cArD yet DoC ?
beer

mopX.......I thought I forwarded that VALUABLE offer to you ....

You’d get that card and I’d get the phone up
Posted By: BH27G1B

Re: Infolinks pop ups - 06/04/21 01:34 AM

I recently added Adblock Plus, but old pop ups are appearing from Total Adblock..... At first they disappeared, but now are showing up again....
Posted By: 340Cuda

Re: Infolinks pop ups - 06/04/21 02:05 PM

Originally Posted by BH27G1B
I recently added Adblock Plus, but old pop ups are appearing from Total Adblock..... At first they disappeared, but now are showing up again....
I use an adblocker built into my eero network plus ad blocking by Malwarebytes addon to Chrome.

Works most of the time but sometimes Infolinks gets through and wack-a-mole begins.
© 2024 Moparts Forums