I want the fuel mileage of the V6. We only tow a couple times a year these days and the 6,200 lb limit is fine. We're also pushing the budget by looking at a $40k vehicle as it is. To get the hemi you have to go up the option chain which adds more than just the cost of the motor. As for resale, I will be near 62 when we buy. At the rate we drive it should hit 100,000 miles some time deep into my 70s. I have no worries about resale. The current Durango gets 11 mpg in town and 17 on the road. Not only is it paid for, it has been paid for by the insurance company (totaled and fixed by me with a parts Durango that we made money on).My wife drives it around town and probably sees 4,000 miles a year now that we have a new 40+ mpg car, but it now has 173,000 miles on it. The plan is to give it to my son as a weekend beater when his wife has their Odyssey out and about. He doesn't need the gift, but I'm not going to get enough for it to worry about it.

Used just doesn't seem to make sense these days as used cars are just too close in price to new for long term ownership and wanting some sort of warranty.