Originally Posted by 3hundred
Originally Posted by HotRodDave
The v6 don't do much better in those.

I buy and sell a lot of used cars and I see a bigger difference than that when buying and selling them, not to mention the V8 always sells faster even at the higher price point.

That's interesting. We got ours in October 2016 as a leftover 2015, I think it'd been on the lot for a year? Always figured it was leftover because of the sticker shock of the Hemi. shruggy Sticker was $52,000, they'd advertised it @ $42,000, when I called he knocked off another $1,000. That was the end of price negotiations. After that it was like the sound of a bearing race driven home, there's just no more room.

I can't speak for new cars or why one particular car did or did not sell but I mostly deal with newer chrysler products and almost universally any vehicle (charger, challenger, 300, aspen, duarango, jeep, 1/2 ton...)with the hemi option (except 2500 and 3500 pickups) the hemi sells for several thousand more and will not sit around near as long as a 6 cylinder. Even near the end of life when they have 350,000 miles and the car or truck is beat to crap a good running hemi truck will bring $5000-$6000and a car can still quickly bring $3000 when I can't give a 6 cylinder away of either, and it is not just my experience, I see V6 vehicles (where the hemi was optional) sit forever on craigslist or facebook when the hemi version gets snatched up a lot faster. It is a good engine but even better marketing.

I am not causing global warming, I am just trying to hold off a impending Ice Age!