Originally Posted by migsBIG
Well it’s been a while since I been on this part of the forums and needing some info. Normally I can find stuff, but looks like I’m gonna need some stuff for a potential project. I might be getting a certain truck back I sold 16 years ago (and regretted ever selling it) and looks like it will need some TLC due to how it was stored used. To say it’s less than prestige is an understatement (the current steering wheel is a plank of wood). So I’m thinking when the time is right in a few years, I would start it as my next project. Thinking of new fenders, floors, rubber seals, glass, bumpers and such. Any ideas or sources?

I hear ya. Have built or seen many built. What are ya starting with?

Metal: what there is is mostly left over crash parts and rust repair parts from larger stampings way back. Hence while selection shrinking. Shop on price, it's pretty much all the same repop batch. CrossCountryCanada used to have a great list of stuff ya can't find. Real deal factory stuff is out there and if ya work it, ya can find it for reasonable money. It's a Dodge truck, learn basic metal fab.

Seals, Glass: about the only thing in seals is side doors, usual vendors, fit nice. Detroit Muscle Technologies for a lot of interior seals. Front glass and seals can be bought new, glass swaps 72-94. Body mounts too.

Bumpers, Trim: Vans - site needs work, products rock, $$. Bumpers from the usual suspects, shop on price.

Interior: 72-94 Will fit 99% bolt in because Dodge. Lots of opportunity to mix / match bodies / dashes / seats / door panels. '93 bucket seats, '85 dash, '72 cab, whatever.

Wiring: Used harnesses are around, usual hot-rod wiring kit will work with FSM. I like grabbing bits of wasted one's cheap for the connectors to fix otherwise good harnesses. Other good score is optional harness because Dodge. for example: every 75-79 truck built came with same basic wire harness to make the thing run and drive. They all had a number of unused connectors. Everything that was optional came with it's own smaller harness that plugs in. Tach, tran temp warn, quad h/l, cargo lamp, etc, etc.