I'm not sure about the new Hemis - never tried to change a plug on one, but it looks pretty straightforward - like you don't have to pull the intake to change them. My 2017 Hemi 1500 Ram still has under 20,000 miles on it, so I don't need to worry about a tune-up yet!

Now on my wife's 2013 Edge, a "simple" tune-up was anything but simple! First, it was throwing a code for a misfire in one cylinder - a bad coil pack - of course it was on the backside of the V6, plus it was running like crap & no power. Dealer wanted about $135.00 for a single coil pack, then plugs. Job was going to be at least $700.00 because you gotta pull the intake to get at the plugs & coil packs on the back side of the motor. So I watched a couple videos of how to do it & ordered 3 new coil packs from Rock Auto (local repair shop recommended which ones to get - either Motorcraft or Delphi - I got the Delphis), & I tackled the job. Two evenings & got er done, plus a few scuffed hands. It was worth it & it runs like a champ after. If one of the front coils goes bad, they can be easily serviced without pulling the intake. I installed the 3 new coils on the firewall side of the motor. The OE plugs had HUUUUGE gaps because they were worn away - wonder it even ran. Big job, but doable with patience. Give me the old stuff to work on ANY day!

Last edited by Sunroofcuda; 04/29/21 03:00 PM.

No Man With A Good Car Needs To Be Justified