Originally Posted by 6PakBee
I've been looking for a wheel stud swedge cutter for 7/16" studs. The Goodson ST-437 would have worked but they no longer offer it. For $1060 they'll make one for me but I think I'll pass on that idea. Does anyone know of another supplier? I've looked for a couple days and can't find anything comparable. Thanks!

I'm using the Goodson ST-437 that I was lucky enough to buy 6 months before the OP posted. Maybe the last one?

Can someone who has cut the swages off their front brake drum lug studs please tell me if I have gone deep enough to press out the studs? I went just deep enough for the tool to fully clean up both the lug studs and the drum. But I'm wondering if maybe the stud is swaged or mushroomed deeper than the top surface of the drum? How much below the top surface of the drum should I go?

Should I replace the drum after using this tool?

Before I bought the tool and not knowing the studs were swaged, I pressed on a stud with my 12-ton press against a socket around the stud head and it warped the drum. I'm trying to avoid repeating that fiasco if the drum is salvageable after de-swaging.

IMG_1194.jpgIMG_1193.jpgIMG_1195.jpg

If you don't see two dolphins, you need a vacation.