Thanks for the responses you guys!

OK, so let me clarify, I am not looking to pop the water jacket plugs out. These are new, and unless someone tells me there is something inherenty wrong with the silicon based sealer the shop used, I'm not looking to remove and replace these. I'm assuming this stuff is just fine, and this shop has done thousands of motors (they are a well established shop), it's just that I've never seen that sealant material being used like that before.

I do have a follow-up question through regarding the suggested products. When you guys say "soft plug", what do you mean by that?

I'm literally talking about the threaded plugs that are normally between 0.5-0.75" in diameter, the plugs at the end of the lifter oil gallery.

EDIT
====

I just went through my box of sealants and lubricants...I do have the ARP Thread Sealer. Reading the instructions it sounds like that would work for my intended use, makes sense?

I'm trying to avoid having to run out there looking for this...most places around here are either shut down for walk-in business (COVID) or let in one person at a time to pick up something specific that's been pre-ordered on-line or over the phone, i.e. no place for browsing around...LOL, which I get.

Heck, I drove 20 mins across town yesterday to pick up the 3 spray cans of PlastiCote DE1631 (Mopar Blue), having ordered them on-line back on Saturday.

Last edited by Diplomat360; 04/22/21 02:16 PM. Reason: ARP Thread Locker - will it work?