So this is trivial by all accounts, but since the last time I did this was literally like 15 yrs ago, and it was the machine shop that provided me with the materials, I have no idea if the sealing "tech" has moved along since then?

I am looking for recommendations as to what should be used to seal up the regular block plugs. Small block here, so case in point: I have the lifter galley passege plugs at the back (by the distributor) and the matching plugs on the back wall, what do I seal them with?

My old 360 motor had the white paste (this is the stuff the machine shop provided me with). The current machine shop (where my 408 stroker block was done) just sealed the stuff up with what looks like silicon sealant, maybe "The Right Stuff" given the colour and texture? They used that on the water plugs as well, which I have not seen done before, but apparently that works for them today.

Is it OK to use that? Or should I be getting the "white paste", ha ha, whatever that paste may actually be (toss some product names at me please if that's the way to go).

Thanks!