Originally Posted by clovis
I am running just a shade over 6 lbs of pressure. The fuel level is just below the mid point of the sight glass.

I tried using those screw in plastic sight "glass" float bowl plugs, and my float level was significantly too high when just below the middle of the "window". The ones I tried are only designed to be used to set the float level and then must be swapped out with the brass plugs. I ended up setting them so the fuel was just visible at the very bottom of the viewable plug, and that car liked that better.

That is where I understand the float level should be. I also run my outboard carb's fuel level a touch higher than my center carb's fuel level, but the outboard carb's float level is still well below the half way point. Maybe I am setting them wrong?

Do you have an actual glass float bowl plug?

20200427_174206(1).jpg

1970 Plymouth 'Cuda #'s 440-6(block in storage)currently 493" 6 pack, Shaker, 5 speed Passon, 4.10's
1968 Plymouth Barracuda Convertible 408 Magnum EFI with 4 speed automatic overdrive, 3800 stall lock-up converter and 4.30's (closest thing to an automatic 5 speed going)