Originally Posted by IMGTX
I looked at an old 40's/50's dodge truck a few years back. A solid $5,000 truck at best. Guy said these are selling at Auction for $50,000 dollars so I can't take less than $40,000. I didn't argue that TV Auction prices are fake and inflated, I just passed.

I have seen some good deals on Facebook Marketplace but I wasn't looking for a 'Cuda. Good Luck

The problem is peoples uniformed perspective, " these are selling at Auction for $50,000 dollars" except they are in no where near the same condition or in some cases the same vehicle. The same is true for the Barracuda /Cuda market. Two different cars/ Value. Yes 70-71 E bodies bring a hefty price and the true Cuda heftier yet and somewhat understandably, but not all Barracudas were created equal Look at how much people are asking for 64-66 model yrs. They see the top of the line70-71 at auction and directly associate their car to that value with out understanding the differences in desirability and condition. Any of us with any age remember the days when theses were just old cars and the prices reflected that, now they are all rare collectables that only need a little TLC to make them worth 10's of thousands...ok rant off.

'01 P1500, Blown/Inj BAE,/Veney ,Bruno/CS2,Dana 60
'01 Dodge 3500 S Cummins Auto, Fresh air kit, 4" Exhaust,
'05 Dodge Magnum R/T - Too Much to list
'60 Willys CJ5
'01 International LPX - Project,DT466, Allison
'64 Plymouth Valiant, Inj 528 Hemi, 2spd