Originally Posted by Cometstorm
Originally Posted by Sixpak
Originally Posted by Cometstorm
Originally Posted by roadrunninMark
I watched the video and I like the idea of putting the small tube in first (behind the light), even though no one has done it. I think it would be easier too, if you trim down that tube on the side it goes into the air box. It looks like a good 1/2" of plastic could be removed on that outside of the tabs. That would give quite a bit more room to install it.

I think there’s several brands of these two parts, and there is likely some small tolerance variances.

The one’s coming to me are Mopar OEM, so I’m hoping for no issues.

If you're buying the OE Hellcat stuff you'll need to trim the large end of the fiber tube where it mates to the headlight (maybe 3/4" or so...), and remove the blockoff plate in the headlight. There's also a foam gasket on the bottom of the airbox they don't give you, that's on the factory 392 box. Some foam weatherstripping from Wally World will work fine. Plenty of YouTube videos for this install...

Thanks! Got “er done last week. No modifications needed. The headlight tube is 2019/2020’specific so no trim needed.

I did apply weatherstrip to those areas not provided.

Removing the two T10 (tiny) torx screws on the headlight cap was kind of a pain, and the only real hard part.

Using a 2mm hex to back them out (after getting the screw unseated) helped a lot.

Worth the upgrade? Dunno, haven’t even driven it yet. But surely won’t hurt anything.

Now have a catch can on order. Can’t decide whether I’ll install it or not.

Lots of debate on that subject.

My catch can is usually about 3/4 full at each oil change...

addict:to devote or surrender (oneself) to something habitually or obsessively ....hmmmm