Originally Posted by mopar dave
I just bought and installed the Magnafuel 300 pump late last year. While driving a couple days ago, i noticed it seemed louder than i remembered last year. After the 30 minute drive and once back home, I felt the pump. It was very hot, hot to the point it was uncomfortable to keep my hand on it. I called Magnafuel and asked if that was normal for the pump to be that hot. They told me to check it with a temp gun and it should not be over 140* and 130*-140* is normal. Also, not to run for more than 1.5 hours at a time without shutting it off. I don't like that as i street drive alot and this is looking like a very unreliable pump. When it breaks, i will be replacing with something different.

Never understood why people spend such huge dollars on those things specifically, and huge overkill on fuel systems in general.
I got talked into( via peer pressure) taking a perfect working dead headed Holley black off a hard leaving legit 650 horse 9 sec street strip car, and put an expensive return style system/ much bigger pump on the car.
It didn't run a thousandth of a second better than it ran for years with the black. I am sure the black would have supported even more power, as long as it gets good steady voltage

Last edited by B3422W5; 04/11/21 08:06 PM.

69 Dart GTS A4 Silver All steel, flat factory hood, 3360race weight
418 BPE factory replacement headed stroker, 565 lift solid cam
Best so far, low 10.30’s 1/4
1.41 best 60 foot
6.56 at 104.17