My intent is not to bash any one with this post. Just the facts! I still do buy stuff from 440 Source. I am actually expecting a delivery tomorrow. However, I will be thinking long and hard as to what crank to put in my next build or the Aluminum block that I have for a future build.

I purchased 3 - 440 Source stroker kits in 2007, All three were the same kit, 4.250 stroke crank with 6.535 rods. One of the kits went in my street car. That motor has very few miles on if but is still running fine. The other two were put into race engines. Both these engines consisted of stock 400, 230 casting blocks with the Chenoworth 3/8 thick main girdles that dynoed 750 hp plus. Mine had aftermarket BRC aluminum main caps and the other had aftermarket billet steel caps. The crank in my engine broke on run number 299. The crank in the other engine broke between run 340 and 360. Both of the cranks broke just behind the 7/8 rod journal. Actually you could almost interchange the pieces between the two. In my case the rest of the engine looked absolutely mint. The other rod bearings and the first three main bearings looked perfect.

As was mentioned in an earlier post. These parts have made having a 500 inch motor attainable for the masses. If it was my choice I would always try to purchase some thing made in the USA or Canada. However, the cost verses the quality is just not there. It is obvious that certain products are substantially better however I struggle with the cost being anywhere from 4 to 10 times the cost.

Maybe one day I will be able to post a picture on this site! LOL,

Thanx 451 Guy

512 cu in 71 Demon Super Street Car - NO LONGER - Broke Crank
Best ET 9.57 @ 139.96

451 cu in Pump Gas - 71 Demon Super Street Car
Best ET 9.99 @ 136.80

512 cu in 69 Charger R/T
Best ET 11.39 @ 118.11