"For some reason, I've seen them run from me. I'm always seeing police chasing them. I've seen Highway Patrol chase them. I've seen city police chase them. We get behind them, they don't pull over," Chief Simmons said."

Street racers have been running from the cops from day one...... what part does not the "Chief" understand.

Them things that go bang by itself does not cause the harm, the person in control of it does.

Originally Posted by wingman
https://www.ksdk.com/article/news/l.../63-9fd133c9-6bfa-43e4-93bc-205fd774eb0c

There was a really bad crash here yesterday caused by an idiot speeding through the streets of a local suburb--the police chief mentioned Challengers by name. Killed an innocent lady.
Unfortunately in our town late model Chargers, Challengers, and 300s are favorites of young males in the inner city.
If someone goes flying by you on the highway at a very unsafe speed, it is likely going to be one of those 3--or a lifted pickup truck.
They also get stolen a lot.

"Simmons says four years ago, his department tackled a speeding problem at the intersection by putting more officers in the area.

"Some people just like to drive fast," said Chief Simmons.

He said he's particularly seen an increasing number of drivers in Dodge Challengers intentionally speed down streets.

"For some reason, I've seen them run from me. I'm always seeing police chasing them. I've seen Highway Patrol chase them. I've seen city police chase them. We get behind them, they don't pull over," Chief Simmons said."

STOP POTATO HATE!