Originally Posted by challenger451ci
Thanks for all the replies! I have a second gear leave CRT valve body that I had some issues with the 2-3 shift. It would drive right through the converter on the sauce on the shift(dropped ~500-600rpm). I put an A&A in and the shift drop is now ~800-900rpm on the sauce. Its been back to CRT for a change, but I haven't put it back in. Maybe I'll try leaving in 2nd and see if it likes it before going through the work of changing to a glide or TH400. I think the car needs about a 4.30 to make the 1/8th depending on converter slip. If Brad Watt can leave on a prepped track and not kill the 727, I think I'll be OK! I know that car makes a ton more power than my hoagie. Part of the reason for making the change is for durability.

I know when I made the change to the taller 2.28 low gear and 3.73's(8.5SLR), it made things much easier for power management. I need to be able to leave on a dirt road and generally can now, but I have to take a TON of power out to get it to leave.

You are right, Tony....I need a bigger jet! It has a 0.030n jet in it now, and I should be able to step it up a bit more to make it pull out the back half.

Just a .030??? OMG step it up to like a .052, then we are talking !!!

....BAD A$$ STREET CAR.....