Originally Posted by AndyF
Originally Posted by 65coronet500
Thought I would ask
I have a 67 plymouth barracuda notchback
Was wondering the best cage kit as far as fit
Chrome moly or mild steel
S&w ? Chassis works ?
Your input is appreciated thanks matt

Talk to moparts member Forest. He is a chassis guy in eastern WA.

Agreed with Andy, he is good.
Always moly on everything here. Way less weight.
All the pre bent and catalog stuff is just a fits all OK deal. If you are particular about the fitment and all the details, have it done by a legit good place. If the details and perfect fitment don't matter that much to you, a catalog or pre bent deal will work fine.
Just my experience.

Forest built my back half 1965 Dart 270 to SFI specs for certifying it to 7.50 ET up
I also had him update the cage in my chrome moly tube chassis 1970 Cuda to meet the same specs up
He is in the Tri City area of WA, I think he lives in Pasco, WA
As far as which materials to use it is your choice but a mild steel car will flex and wear out with use and time, NHRA and SFI limit a mild steel car to 8.50 ET and slower in the 1/4 mile work
Chrome moly doesn't wear out and it is way stronger and lighter weight when finished up
I found a current picture of the work he did on my S/P Cuda several years back to update it to pass the 7:50 ET certification specs. scope
The Dart he did for me is a lot nicer but it is not finished yet, I'm still waiting for custom made Carbon Fiber and Kevlar front end and doors to be made so I can finish it whiney

SANY0182.JPG

Mr.Cab Racing and winning with Mopars since 1964. (Old F--t, Huh)