Originally Posted by n20mstr
Originally Posted by JERICOGTX
Originally Posted by 66coronet
If you are running heads up, get every ounce out of the car type events, I am all for the sensors and data they can provide.
If you are bracket or index racing I do not think they should ever be in the car. All you need them for is one good weekend of data gathering and then use the data with todays ignitions to make or write the "perfect map" or timing curve to achieve the perfect run over and over. Is it a full proof science? No. I believe it is a hell of a lot better than reading weather from day to day, tuning and dialing or setting up for your index without it. To each his own I guess. I just dont agree with the sensors ever touching a car that is in a bracket type event.

Yeah, I'm going to spend over a $1000 for a data logging setup, then only use it once... LOL.

Doug, don't you know if you enter a NSS race once, you can never race another class again?

Why so dead set against data logging?? A Racepak sportsman is under 1000.00 and once you have one, you wonder how you ever raced without it. Yes im a heads up type racer, but i see plenty of 10.00 and 8.50 guys repeating and i mean 8.500 with data loggers. Or is that your point? amkes it too easy for bracket racers to dial in a car. Whatever the case, you see so much useful info that you would never learn otherwise..

I'm not deadest against data loggers. In fact, I have a RacePak in my car. Not sure why some classes are against them, when the rules say no delay boxes, or trans brakes. If it's just doing the basic stuff, what's the big deal? I have one to monitor clutch slippage. I know one series of racing that will not allow the racers to enter multiple classes, because it gives them an "unfair" advantage.

69 GTX 68 Road Runner