Originally Posted by Al_Alguire
Originally Posted by Whompin_Wedge
All I am going to say is as long as MSD Grids are allowed in NSS what does it matter.

Thanks,
Casey FJ

Plenty of logging capability in a Grid. I know everyone thinks they are a great way to "cheat" but if laying dots is cheating then you can use plenty of other things besides a grid to do that. Most the EFI controllers out there will data log and can be made to ride dots and repeat as well. The only way around it is gonna be a mandatory rule for something like a 6 or 7al box with no piggy back boxes or any logging data. NHRA actually just amended the rulebook to include things like laptops and ignition/efi tunes to be a random teched item for all classes. It no doubt is happening by racers lots of ways to "hide" programming in the software of any digital style controller.

IMO if I am data logging I prefer racepak stuff. Simple to use and pretty reliable as well. Where they are legal. If a grid is allowed then I see ZERO reason to not allow a racepak

Yea Al, that is what I am saying... The Grid is legal, but a stand alone data logger is not within NSS rules. Makes no sense.

Casey FJ