Originally Posted by DaveRS23
On the initial fill, as long as the original tag is on the tank, they check it for leaks and you're good to go. If you run out of propane (or maybe get to a very low amount) or add propane appliances, they want to check the appliances for leaks. That's about it.

Since we own the tank, we can buy propane from anyone. But the prices don't vary that much between suppliers other than once in a while someone will be quite a bit higher than everyone else for whatever reason.

Suppliers want to deliver a minimum of 200gals or they will up charge. The wife went back and averaged the last 4 years of propane use and we have averaged 40gals a month and the average price has been $1.25 a gallon. We certainly have used more than 40gals this month because I had a back-up furnace in the shop running to keep it from getting too cold overnight. I have a large wood burner in the shop so I don't normally run the propane furnace there, but it's been so cold lately, so.....

We have needed 2 deliveries a year on the tank and I would just feel better if we could go longer between fills. That way we could pick even more optimum price points and should be able to get through just about anything that the weather or our government's incompetence can throw at us.

And I used to cut and split my own wood out of our woods. But now I just go to one of the local saw mills when they have a large pile of trimmings and they load my trailer with their loader for $25. Mostly hardwood and it burns good. I don't know if I'm getting smarter or lazier in my old age.

Thanks sending you a message hop