Originally Posted by Pkeel
I have a front wheel drive car and drive 30 to 40 thousand miles a year. My front tires wear out much quicker than the rear. I have never really rotated tires, because I just don't want to spend the time at a garage getting it done. This new car has 20 inch tires that are about $200 each. This last time the rear tires were barely worn and the front were done in.

I have decided I will do it here at my place, but have been looking into seeing how to properly retighten the lug nuts. I have an M18 Milwaukee impact driver with enough power to massively overtighten the lug nuts.

I did a little looking on the internet and some recommend using torque sticks.

Any recommendations would be appreciated.

There's some stuff I'm really questioning here. 20" tires at about $200 each? What size and brand? I've yet to see a really decent set installed for less than $1k. The last 3 vehicles ive owned all had 20's on them, I had a similar yearly mileage. I made it a point long ago to have my rides properly aligned when new rubber is installed, and also rotate every oil change. It does make a difference. Ive had 30k mile tires go past 45k miles with this kind of care. The last few sets of tires I've purchased were general rt43's-- an outstanding all around tire.

Torque sticks work fine, but not worth the cost if they don't contribute to your income.

It takes less than 3 or 4 minutes for a tech to rotate tires on a vehicle, whats really the deal man? Do you no longer have that patience? If your tires are abnormally wearing, have someone inspect your suspension components and maybe consider alignments an annual thing.