Originally Posted by HotRodDave
Sorry but those plenum reducing plates are worthless. There is no fuel to keep suspended so no issue there, they may help throttle response but those engines have no issues there either, they are very responsive, also with a smaller plenum volume the cylinders will have more effect on each other than when they have a larger volume especially those cylinders breathing from a corner, what are they supposed to do when the cylinder right befor it in the firing order just sucked all the air out of that corner right before it started trying to pull in air? The large plenum reduces that effect, so in my opinion they are a waste and actually counter productive. If you wish to increase the rpm you can cut down the runners some but again you would actually be increasing the plenum it pulls from witch is not a bad thing. A bigger plenun volume helps smooth out the flow through the throttle body making a small throttle body seem just little bigger. That big plenum is not hurting a thing.

Maybe, but maybe not. I know Marty has tested them. Those engines do have good throttle response in stock form probably from the small camshaft and higher velocity ports. With a bigger cam and higher flowing ports they may indeed do some good. I know what a difference too much plenum volume can do to slow the velocity in a race engine. Might be one of the reasons Indy's mod man intakes don't work to well on some applications.

"Follow me the wise man said, but he walked behind"

'92 D250 Club Cab CTD, 47RH conversion, pump tweaks, injectors, rear disc and hydroboost conversion.
'74 W200 Crew Cab 360, NV4500, D44, D60 and NP205 divorced transfer case. Rear disc and hydroboost coming soon!
2019 1500 Long Horn Crew Cab 4WD, 5.7 Hemi.