Originally Posted by DusterKid
Originally Posted by 360view
If you have hardwired internet at your house Verizon can supply you with a “Femto-cell” unit that basically creates a mini-cellphone tower. Verizon used to charge $140 for these but I think they now give them free to customers with bad signal level.

T-Mobile and their re-seller Mint Mobile allow cellular over WIFI which works well for me.

Mint Mobile is only $18.50 per month for unlimited talk/text and 3 Gigs of data. They also allow cell phones to set up WIFI hotspots using the cellular connection.

Our home internet is satellite internet as there is no companies that run lines to the area I live. I even contacted Comcast one time about it, and they said they had no intention of expanding to included the area in which I live. It's not real remote, just not very populated. Mostly farm land, but not nice and flat.

I do not personally know whether the longer latency of satellite internet would prevent a Verizon Femtocell or Mint Mobile WiFi calling from working but you might call Verizon and ask.

For $5 Mint Mobile will sell you a SIM card to try out their service, then refund the $5 if you buy at least 3 months of service.
Google Fi cell service does something similar with a $10 SIM card you can buy at Best Buy stores.