I put a Sure Call system in for my parents last year. About $500 for the whole deal. It does help out enough that we all can make calls and do texting, whether Verizon or ATT. They are only a couple miles from a Verizon tower, but live down in a REALLY low spot, and have a metal roof. I need to get a taller pole for the outside antenna, and dial in the direction a little better this year. Would have gone with the Weboost system, but my parents did not want to spend the extra $$$; at least double the price of comparable Sure Call system.

My parents had zero to 1 bar on their Verizon phones. I never got a signal on my ATT phone there. With the booster as it is now, they get 1-4 bars, and I get 0-3 bars, depending on if there is a lot of rain, and how we are positioned, with regards, to the interior antenna.

My folks were on Verizon for years, on a hard line, but they have fazed themselves out of the land line systems in the area my parents live in. And there is nothing for internet where they live, except for Hughes satellite internet. The suggestion for wifi phone operation is a poor one, if you are on satellite internet; there is always a lag in the data, which leads to a 2-10 second lag in your voice going across the connection, which is extremely annoying, to the point of being useless for conversation. The Verizon "signal booster" that they offer is based on internet, so it is also useless for a staellite internet connection.