O.K. I got the thing in there and the trim fit and I am happy.
Mine was a locking type gasket so here are a couple of pointers:
1. When you apply the ribbon sealer to the bottom area before installing the gasket on the car be sure to keep it up near the seam formed by the dash and body. If you get it too far down your gasket will not slip under the tabs properly and will buckle up on the inside.
2. Install the bottom portion of the gasket completely but when you start up the sides and do the top only partially start them on the lip. This will enable you to tip them up in order to get the top edge over the glass.
3. Work the glass into the gasket using a plastic tool. I tried wood but it splintered too much so I switched to a plastic handled brush I use to clean my spray guns with. Proceed by starting up the sides and then working from the middle top toward the corners. (most difficult spot)
4. Stretch the corners over the window and then apply firm pressure and the glass should slip into place. You'll know when it does.
5. If desired place a small (1/16") bead of clear silicone under the top lip of the gasket.
6. Use plastic tool to lock the gasket into place.
7. Check to see that everything is in proper postion then apply trim.

Note: my wife helped me set the windshield in place and the rest was a one man operation.

Boy, I'm glad that's done.