I've installed glass on several A ,C and B bodies mopars over the years and this is my

Doing this correctly is a lost art IMO and taking it to a "glass shop" may not be the best choice unless they understand the special needs older Mopars require.
Most glass installers will probably grab a tub or tubes of urethane sealer and go with that. Not a good plan IMO.

Its always a good idea to start with new glass and rubber gasket for the windshield and a 3/8 round bead seal or ribbon sealer {3m Part number 08612} for the rear.

As already discussed make positive that the clips are correct and mounted in the the correct place for each clip some time the side are a little shorter than the top. Make sure the screws or rivets {shame on you if you use rivets } are sealed.
It's a real good idea to test fit the moldings before committing to the install.

For the windshield clean the glass with windex.
Trim any excess laminate from the edge of the glass with a razor blade.
Clean the new gasket seal to remove the release agent and any other contaminants.
for a locking gasket install the gasket in the pinch weld with a small bead of 3M bedding compound to the grove in the gasket that fits to the body. Install the gasket to the body.
Now slide the glass in the bottom of the gasket and by using windshield bones gently and evenly work the gasket lip from the inside all the way around the glass. Use a little soap { I use hand cleaner} to lubricate the rubber and glass but clean this up well before sealing. This will take several trips to get it to lip over the edge of the glass. Don't twist the bones when they are inserted between the glass and seal or you will take a chance of breaking the glass. Once the glass is resting in the gasket and before you lip the lock seal I use a VERY small amount of urethane sealer between the glass and seal then lock the rubber. I like to see a small amount of sealer ooze from between the glass and gasket. The excess cleans up nicely with a razor blade once the urethane has cured.
Now use the 3m bedding and glazing compound between the gasket and body.
Water test your work before installing the moldings

Last edited by Rodney; 04/16/09 11:35 AM.