Originally Posted by 6PakBee
There is something going on at the USPS. Up to about six months ago, shipping delays through the USPS happened to me very infrequently. Now it seems to be SOP. I mailed a part to a New Jersey address on December 8th and it is still in the system. Been in USPS purgatory in St Louis and Des Moines. Good thing it wasn't perishable. I can't understand how all these mailed pre-made meals are being successfully delivered without spoiling. Maybe they're not. work

They aren't. FedEX is bad too. We were getting Hello Fresh for almost 2 years, shipped by FedEX from Chicago to Detroit. Then last Spring they went from days late to a week late. Hello Fresh refunded me but I had to call to complain. After a month (4 shipments) I figured this was never going to work anymore. I honestly don't know how Hello Fresh or any of these can stay in business.

My regular FedEX guy said they laugh back at the depot about how long the meals sit around. NICE! But since they are all contractors they don't have the same sense of urgency that a $40/hr UPS driver has. I mean how many $40/hr jobs are out there.

PS I'll say it again for all the guys that get ONE package that successfully made it through the "system", put $100 in 100 boxes every day for a month and ship them with USPS. THEN tell me your satisfaction level. Just checked my shipping program. I shipped 29,000 packages last year. I will never ship with USPS again after the thousands of angry and threatening phone calls and thousands of dollars lost the past 5 years. Nope, these problems aren't because of the newly appointed top postal guy. These problems existed WAY before him. USPS at one point lost nearly 1% of my mail. It did get better (I was told because they installed cameras at the depots) but then every holiday season for the past 5 years years we had a repeat of this holiday season. Mail took WEEKS to get delivered. Sometimes as long as 6 week. And people were pissed, AT ME. And rightfully so. I was STOOOOOPID enough to ship by mail.