I had a 94 1500 4x4 Regular Cab Long bed with 5.2 automatic and 3:55 gears. It wouldn't spin a tire, whether power braking or not and was not quick at all. I tried to wake it up, with a Gibson exhaust, MSD 6AL ignition box, K & N air cleaner, the Mopar Performance roller rockers, and a Hypertech module. While I could notice small differences with the mods, they really didn't amount to a hill of beans. It got 15 mpg no matter wha,t unless on I95 in the flat area of North Carolina it would eek out 17. It was OBD 1, so no death flash, but the plenum pan did blow out around 90000 miles and it pinged badly. I fixed that, but the combustion chambers stayed dirty and it pinged afterward, which was worse with the Hypertech module. I remember being at a cars show and autocross on an airfield after having done the mods and we were allowed to play on the airfield and I couldn't get a tire to spin, quite embarrassing.
It, however, was very reliable. I could tow what I needed (slowly) without running hot and the four wheel drive worked great. Only time I had to get towed was when the cat converter had broken itself up and clogged at around 260000 miles. It wouldn't make 45 on the interstate. Later in its life, I got a boat and wanted more towing grunt, so I swapped in a 5.9L Magnum with larger valves, ported heads, and a Hughes Cam. I put a Powertrax locker on it, and it would burn tires all you wanted. The power band was from 3000-5300rpm. I really think it needed the Hughes FI airgap to really pull up top. But then I ended up with a 2004 Quad Cab 5.7 Hemi. The 5.2 was good for a simple truck motor, the 5.9 better, but I love my Hemis.

1970 Plymouth Barracuda 1994 Ram 1500 4x4 5.2L 2004 Ram 1500 4x4 5.7L Quad Cab